Issue - meetings
Council Tax Base 2018-19
- Appendix 1 - Calculation of Council Tax Base 2018-19 (CTB1 Return), item 126 PDF 128 KB
- Appendix 2 - Calculation of Individual Parish Tax Bases 2018-19, item 126 PDF 61 KB
- Appendix 3 - Council Tax Projection to 31 March 2018, item 126 PDF 54 KB
The Director of Finance and Business Improvement presented the Council Tax Base and Collection Fund adjustment for 2018-19 to the Committee.
It was noted that agreeing the Council Tax Base and Collection Fund Adjustment was an important step in agreeing the Council’s budget for 2018-19.
The Director of Finance and Business Improvement explained that properties in the Council Tax Base had increased by 1.6%, which was very close to the forecast made last year. The Council Tax Collection Fund was in surplus, and therefore the Council would retain a proportion of this surplus. The surplus had not yet been taken into account of for the purpose of budget setting as Business Rates also required the same exercise to be carried out and in previous year Business Rates had tended to be in deficit. This was due to the impact of appeals on the Business Rates Collection Fund.
Pursuant to this report and in accordance with the
Local Authority (Calculation of Council Tax Base) (England)
Regulations 2012, that the amount calculated by this Authority as
its Council Tax Base for the year 2018/19 will be 60,921.6, as
outlined in Option 1 of this report.
2. In accordance with the Local Authority (Calculation of Council Tax Base) (England) Regulations 2012, that the amount calculated by this Authority as the Council Tax Base for each parish area for the year 2018/19, as outlined in Option 1 of this report, will be as identified in Appendix 2 to this report.
3. That the 2017/18 Council Tax projection and proposed distribution detailed in Appendix 3 of this report is agreed.