MAIDSTONE BOROUGH COUNCIL
RECORD OF DECISION OF THE Heritage, Culture and Leisure Committee
4 April 2017
Report of the Head of Regeneration and Economic Development - Phase 3 Public Realm
Issue for Decision
To make recommendations to the Policy and Resource Committee regarding the latest proposals for the Phase 3 Public Realm project.
That Policy and Resources Committee be recommended to:
1) Approve the change in scope from the original proposed project, to now include the southern end of Week Street.
2) Approve the outline designs for all of Week Street and Gabrielís Hill/Lower Stone Street with the exception of the suggested palette of tree species which do not comply with document HAP12; Urban Green Space.† In addition the 4 Ginkgo Biloba at the bottom of Gabrielís Hill which should be removed and replaced with trees native to South East England as per HAP 12: Urban Green Space.
3) Approve the proposed materials for hard landscaping only for Week Street and Gabrielís Hill/Lower Stone Street.
4) Approve the additional capital budget of £900k to cover the increased costs for the southern section of Week Street.
5) Approve the proposed consultation materials and methodology.
Should you wish to refer this decision to the Policy and Resources Committee, please submit a Decision Referral Form, signed by three Councillors, to the Head of Policy and Communications by: 20 April 2017