We use Pro-Contract to manage tender opportunities for Council services. The system is hosted on the Kent Business Portal.
What is it?
Pro-Contract is a web based tool that lets us manage tenders electronically. It covers many aspects of the procurement process including;
- Creating contract opportunity notices
- Raising and publishing tender documentation
- Managing and evaluating tender submissions
- Notifying bidders of contract award decisions
- Informing OJEU of contract awards
Managing the process online is quicker and we can take advantage of shorter timescales for tendering.
Its main features include;
- Electronic tender boxes that we use for secure exchange of Tender documents.
- The ability to manage deadlines that make sure late bids are excluded after the closing date and time.
- Each bid is permanently recorded on the system, even after the tender box has closed
- E-mails are sent and received using a secure system
- A permanent audit trail of activity
To find out more visit the Pro-Contract website.