If you're submitting a new claim we'll need to see the original copy of your ID. This can be your driving licence, passport or birth certificate, which you can either send or bring to Maidstone Link.
Other documents can be sent to us electronically using our online form. You'll also need your National Insurance number and your benefit reference number to complete the form. It's starts with a 5 can be found any benefits letter we've sent you.
You can also send photocopies of all the documents other than your ID by post to: Benefits
Evidence you need to provide
- National Insurance numbers for you and your partner. Your partner needs to be someone you’re married to or living with as though you’re married.
- Identity for you and your partner. For example a passport or driving licence.
- Capital, savings and investments, including all bank and building society current and savings accounts.
- Earnings of everyone living with you, including your partner and anyone else over 18.
- Any other income.
- Benefits, allowances or pensions.
- Proof of rent liability (tenancy agreement).
If you don’t get the evidence to us within a month we may not be able to pay you any benefit. Just tell us if you’re having problems getting your evidence together and we can help. Email email@example.com or call 01622 602557.