Council Tax hardship fund
As part of the response to coronavirus (COVID-19), the government announced a national £500 million hardship fund to provide Council Tax relief for vulnerable households. We have now made the relevant adjustments to the Council Tax bills for all working age people that get Council Tax Support. If this applies to you, we will send you a new Council Tax bill showing the amount of the adjustment, and any amount left to pay
Upload Your Benefits Proofs
If you're submitting a new claim, we'll need to see the original copy of your ID. This can be your driving licence, passport or birth certificate, which you’ll need to bring into the Maidstone Link.
Evidence you need to provide
- National Insurance numbers for you and your partner. Your partner needs to be someone you’re married to or living with as though you’re married.
- Identity for you and your partner. For example a passport or driving licence.
- Capital, savings and investments, including all bank and building society current and savings accounts.
- Earnings of everyone living with you, including your partner and anyone else over 18.
- Any other income.
- Benefits, allowances or pensions.
- Proof of rent liability (tenancy agreement).
If you don’t get the evidence to us within a month we may not be able to pay you any benefit. If you’re having problems getting your evidence together, let us know using our contact us form and we can help.