Whatman Park, which has a Green Flag award of excellence, is about half a mile from Maidstone town centre and is at the heart of the Millennium River Park that runs along the River Medway.
The main entrance to Whatman Park is next to LA Fitness Health Club:
St Peters Street
Or you can use either of the two footbridges on the path that runs along the opposite side of the river from the town centre.
- On foot: The park is about a 20-minute walk along the river from the town centre.
- By car: The nearest car park is on James Whatman Way or you can use any car park in the town centre. More information about our car parks can be found on our Parking pages.
- By boat: The Kentish Lady run services on the river from the town centre to the Malta Inn in Allington. It will stop at the Whatman Park Wharf if asked.
Monday to Friday – 8am to dusk
Saturday and Sunday – 8am to dusk
- Disabled Toilets can be accessed using a Radar Key. Information about how to get one can be found on our Public Toilets page.
- A skate-park
- An adventure play area
- The Jolly Roger toddler play area
- A raised board walk that runs through the trees
- Two nature reserves
- Riverstage open-air arena
- A wharf for boats
Volunteers & Friends
Volunteer groups are a valuable asset to our parks. The Friends of Whatman Park are no exception.
They meet periodically in order to run task days, including conservation work such as pond dipping, building bat boxes and tree planting.
To join the group, or simply for more information, visit their Facebook page.