South Park is located at:
The formal gardens and tennis courts are open:
Monday to Friday - 8am to dusk
Saturday and Sunday - 8am to dusk
- The formal gardens.
- A pavilion.
- A lily pond.
- Two tennis courts which are open all year round. Information about the cost and how to pay can be found on our Sport Pitches and Courts pages.
- Sk8s 'n' Bruises skate-park.
- An all weather floodlit hockey/five-a-side football pitches. This is leased to Maidstone Hockey Club. For more information about the club or for bookings email Dick Martin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Maidstone Hockey Club clubhouse.
- Parking with disabled spaces.
- On street parking.
- Toilets. Disabled Toilets can be accessed using a Radar Key. Information about how to get one can be found on our Public Toilets page.
- A children’s play area.
- Football pitches. Information about booking the pitches and prices can be found on our Sport Pitches and Courts pages.
Friends of South Park
The Friends of South Park are a group of volunteers that work with us in helping to maintain and improve the park. It started eight years’ ago. It's supported by:
Membership is open to anyone who uses the park and costs just £1 a year.
Meetings are held about four times a year in the Hockey Clubhouse. Meeting dates and times are displayed on the park notice boards and emailed to any members with email. Minutes of the meeting will be emailed out to everyone following the meeting.
If you're interested in joining or for more information email:
- Chris Atwell, Membership Secretary email@example.com or
- Mike Evans, Group Chairman firstname.lastname@example.org