Street care and cleaning
Maidstone Borough Council is committed to providing a clean and
tidy borough for all residents and visitors to enjoy.
Our performance standards are excellent when judged against the
We promise to
- Clean the town centre by 9am every morning and to retain a
response cleansing team in retail trading hours.
- Empty the town centre litter bins as necessary on an ongoing
- To inspect every footway of the town bus routes every week and
mobilise a litter pick when necessary.
- To make sure that the town bus routes do not fall below an
acceptable level of cleanliness.
- To inspect all residential streets in urban areas and
villages on a five week cycle and carry out all necessary
- To inspect and clean all shopping parades when
- To visit all main inter-village link roads on a five
week cycle and carry out all necessary street cleansing work.
- Provide special 'Council Hit Squads' with a 24-hour
response time to reported fly tipping and litter
- Open and close the Council's toilets at the times
- Clean the Council's toilets every day.
You can help by ensuring that you place any litter in a
bin. If you wish to report any problems, such as flytipping
or graffiti, use our online forms that can be found on the
right-hand side of this page.
Pages in this section: