The Quality Bus Partnership is a voluntary partnership between us, Kent County Council (KCC) and the bus companies. We are committed to encouraging the use of public transport in and around Maidstone to help you get around more easily, to reduce the affects of traffic congestion, to help Maidstone's economy and reduce emissions.
We aim to:
- Develop high quality public transport services in Maidstone
- Monitor and report on the quality and reliability of bus services
- Regularly review the network, to ensure that customer travel needs are met
- Provide high quality, accessible buses and improve accessibility at bus stops.
- Play a key role in the development of traffic management schemes that give buses priority over other vehicles.
- Deliver improvements to passenger waiting areas and access to services.
- Explore ways of using new technology to make travel easier, to reduce congestion and pollution.
- Ensure the impact of new developments on roads and public transport is limited and that developers fund any new works if they're needed.