View details of meetings of this
committee after May 21, 2009.
Reports and minutes of previous
Terms of Reference
Functions and Powers
To make a decision on a planning or related application where
the decision proposed to be taken:
(a) would be contrary to the written views of the Ward Member or
political group spokesperson of the Planning Committee and the
Member has requested Committee consideration. The request for the
application to be heard by the Planning Committee should be made
within a period of twenty one days of the receipt of a notice
advising them of the application. In the case of political groups
spokespersons, the request must be made within twenty one days of
the applications received being published on the Council’s website
which will be on a daily basis. Additionally, if a Member requests
that an application is determined by Committee, that member should
attend the Committee to address the planning issues they have
(b) would be contrary to the written view of any Parish
(c) would be contrary to the written view of any statutory
consultee in the planning process;
(d) would be contrary to the provisions of the Development Plan
or any emerging development plan policies that have been adopted by
the Council for Development Control purposes.
Duties relating to applications for listed building consent and
conservation area consent.
Duties relating to the making of determinations of planning
- Determine applications for planning permission
- Determine applications to develop land without compliance with
conditions previously attached.
- Grant planning permission for development already carried
- Decline to determine application for planning permission.
- Determine application for planning permission made by a local
authority, alone or jointly with another person.
- Make determinations, give approvals and agree certain other
matters relating to the exercise of permitted development
- Enter into agreement regulating development or use of
- Issue a certificate of existing or proposed lawful use or
- Serve a completion notice.
- Grant consent for the display of advertisements.
- Authorise entry onto land.
- Require the discontinuance of a use of land.
- Serve a planning contravention notice, breach of condition
notice or stop notice.
- Issue an enforcement notice.
- Apply for an injunction restraining a breach of planning
- Determine applications for hazardous substances consent, and
- Require proper maintenance of land.
- Determine application for listed building consent, and related
- Determine applications for conservation area consent.
- Serve a building preservation notice, and related powers.
- Issue enforcement notice in relation to demolition of unlisted
building in conservation area.
- Acquire a listed building in need of repair and to serve a
- Apply for an injunction in relation to a listed building.
- Execute urgent works.